“Good design is indivisible from good planning’ (The National Planning Policy Framework).
RTPI London teamed up with New London Architecture for a series of events to promote good urban design amongst London planning professions during 2012/13.
The key objectives of this series were:
- To celebrate the role that planners play in achieving good design and raise confidence amongst members.
- To discuss and debate the role that the planning profession must play in achieving good design.
- To share best practice in planning for good design, raise awareness and skill levels amongst planners and other built environment professions.
- To build links between RTPI and other urban design organisations in London.
- To assist with RTPI members CPD requirements.
The campaign was launched during the London Festival of Architecture in June 2012.
Event reviews can be found here: