Come and view 3D printing in action!
3D Visualisation, is a powerful planning tool which can be used in engagement, and showing how schemes and plans can be implemented. This session will look at how such technology is being embraced to articulate proposals.
- Kadine James (Senior Account Manager at Hobs Studio), will be introducing the concepts of 3D visualisation, augmented reality and printing and showing how this technology works in practice.
- Simon Delahunty-Forrest (City Design and Conservation Manager at Birmingham City Council) Simon will be exploring the role of visualisation in the preparation and consultation of the Smithfield Masterplan.
- Viral Desai (Senior Planner at Barton Willmore, Viral is the Young Planners of the year from 2015 and will look at imagining the role of planners and planning in the future with challenges.
- Nissa Shahid (Assistant Planner at Indigo Planning) Nissa is currently completing a Masters of Research in Spatial Data Science and Visualisation at the Centre of Advanced Spatial Analysis (UCL) and will review her work around using data and visualisations to better understand the complexities of people and place..
- Oliver Dawkins (PHD Researcher at the Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, UCL) Oliver is a PHD researcher at CASA and is studying the use of 3D visualisation and mixed reality interfaces for working with real time data to enhance urban decision making.
For more information, please see the flyer, Book at: http://www.rtpi.org.uk/events/events-calendar/2016/july/3d-planning-technology-and-planning/