Join our day trip on Saturday 12th and see the UK’s most “normal” cycling city for yourself. Find out what it is like to live in a neighbourhood that won the RIBA Stirling Prize in 2008. And learn how Cambridge has dealt with the challenges of intense growth, development pressure, heritage and conservation.
The itinerary will include (but not be limited to) the following points of interest:
- Abode: High-quality urban extension to south of Cambridge
- Accordia: Stirling Prize-winning residential development
- Core Traffic Scheme: See how central Cambridge stays car-free
- CB1: New urban area adjacent to Cambridge railway station
- Guided Busway: Longest busway in the world; adjacent to cycle track
- Hills Road Cycle Tracks: Brand-new, Dutch-style infrastructure
- West Cambridge: New university site, designed for cycle access
The route will also include
- Lunch: This provides a chance to reflect on the tour half-way round
- Punting: A great way to relax and see Cambridge from the river
To book – please click on the flyer for further information and booking details.